Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bizu at St. Luke's hospital in BGC

Okay so this post was supposed to be posted last night but due to the sleepy me, I accidentally erased my post. Bummer.

Anyway, last night (6dec) after a yummy dinner at Via Mare, we decided to have dessert. We can choose from DQ, Mary Grace or Bizu but we decided to go to Bizu since they have a more inviting ambiance than previous two.

So we were having a difficult time choosing what to eat, so the waiter suggested The Rudolph. He said that the Rudolph was awarded best cake for 2011 by The Philippine Daily Inquirer. Okay that got me curious. So we decided to order The Rudolph and their Chocolate souffle.


This is The Rudolph. It was like a Christmas ball decoration that fell from a tree with snow on top. Wondering what's inside it? Here.


It's made of chiffon (i think hehe), almonds,caramel and chocolates (both white and the normal one). I'm personally not a fan of anything caramel, but I think this dessert made it work. I like the texture of the cake mixed with the nuttiness of the almonds.

The other cake we ordered was their Chocolate Souffle. This is a first since I haven't tried nor tasted a souffle before so I was really excited to take a bite. Though honestly I didn't know how to eat it. Haha. Should I eat it with the vanilla Ice cream or should it be eaten separately? I did the former. And damn that was one hell of a bite. It was chocolate overload!



Both cakes were good but (obviously) I liked the souffle more. I think it was the moist chocolate syrup in the center that really got me. It was a bit crunchy on the outside but when you cut in the center, moist chewy chocolate was there. Talk about choco heaven overload ^_^



If you're wondering about the price, it's a bit expensive. The total of both desserts rounded off is about Php800.00. It was even more expensive than our dinner. But for me, it was worth paying for.
posted from Bloggeroid

By Unknown with No comments

0 comments:

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives