Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hunger Games - NOT a film review

 The Hunger Games, said to be 2012's most anticipated movie. Honestly, I was a bit curious about the movie since some of my friends and colleagues are eagerly talking about it and the advertisement for it is, well you can see it almost anywhere. 

I haven't read the book, so I really am clueless as to what to expect from the movie. Or if I will understand what the movie is really about. Having said that, we decided to watch the movie on its premiere night here in the Philippines, (thanks to Ensogo for the voucher. ^_^ ) to avoid all those fans who will be watching it this coming weekend.

When the movie started, it felt like the setting was in the past cause it's somewhat black and white but I'm guessing they were after the feel of the scene relative to the place where the shot it. As the movie progressed, I understood the concept/reason of why they had to play the Hunger Games, how they were selected, the rules etc. I was hooked. How can I not be? The actress who played Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) delivered the part well. She had those emotions inside her that really came out. Didn't think she can act this well when I saw her in X-Men: First Class.

A friend who has read the book even said that the movie is not that far from what was written in the book which I find amazing, since some movie adaptations tend to have a different story line than that from the book. 

By Unknown with No comments

0 comments:

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives