Saturday, January 21, 2012

Buyanihan: First and last voucher purchase.

Just yesterday (19Jan2012) we bought a voucher from Buyanihan, a group selling vouchers with discounts, for the musical play, The Sound of Music in Resorts World. So the schedule for the play is 8pm on Friday (20Jan2012) which was perfect timing for us, since we will be coming from the office from work.

I was the one assigned to get the tickets since my shift ends in 2 in the afternoon. Being lazy as I am, I went to Resorts world around 3pm and immediately went to the New Performing Arts Theatre (NPAT) located at the mall's 3rd floor. To my surprise, they said that they are not familiar with the said deal/voucher and instructed me to go to the tour counter. Arriving at the tour counter, I immediately ask where can I claim my tickets and they said that they weren't the one handling the Buyanihan voucher. They were kind enough to volunteer and assist me in talking to the people in NPAT. After checking, they had our tickets but there was a problem, the tickets that we have was for the 2pm show that day. So I asked, if there are any more shows for today, they advised that they originally have an 8pm show that day but were advised by the producer of the play around 2-3 weeks ago that the play will be moved to the 2pm instead of the original 8pm schedule.

That's where the problem starts, first of all, why did the Resort's World/ Newport Mall staff and the people at NPAT didn't know about this deal? I was informed by someone from them that there have been emails within the management/team as to who published the deal. They were under the impression that the only official voucher for the Sound of Music play is Ensogo. Second is that the voucher DID NOT state that the show was for 2pm or that the show was moved to an earlier time. Had we known, we'd never purchase that voucher. Third, we tried calling this Marco, who was supposedly the contact person for the voucher, but nobody's answering the phone. Okay so the only option left was, call Buyanihan's call center.

We have asked if we can have a refund for the voucher or if they can just reschedule it to another day. But we were told that they'd have to check first and we have to call back. What sucks is that it's holiday on Monday so we can only follow up on Tuesday.

I'll update this after a few days.

[ UPDATE 24JAN2012]

I called up the Buyanihan hotline to ask about any updates regarding the voucher. I was a bit relieved that they will be issuing a refund to all those who bought the said deal. And they reassured me that they will be sending the refund within 15 working days. Quite a wait actually, but it's better than having no refund at all. Still doesn't change my mind though, won't be buying from them anytime soon or never. :)

[ UPDATE 18MAR12]

Haven't received any new regarding the refund. I also haven't seen any refund when I checked my credit card bill online. I need to follow up.

[ UPDATE 21JUL12 ]

No, nothing still. I gave up following up. Lesson learned, never buy from them again.
posted from Bloggeroid

By Unknown with No comments

0 comments:

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives