Sunday, October 23, 2011

Johnny Chow at Newport City Mall

Another restaurant that I've tried. I was curious to try this restaurant for quite some time now mainly because their staff all wear wigs, their chairs have people's faces on them and curious to try their food.



And these are what we ate.


This is duck with crispy noodles. Although the duck is yummy, I think I still prefer North Park's noodles over this. The sauce of the noodles is for me is kind of lacking, though I'm not saying that I want it to be like your ordinary noodles with soup. hehe


Next stop, korean beef rice. I had the sudden craving for bibimbap when I saw the picture of this dish so I included it in our order. To my dismay, it didn't really taste anything Korean. It just tasted like fried rice with soy sauce and spring onions.


Last and definitely not the least, The Merlion Ribs. I liked the presentation of the dish, makes your mouth water and when you finally put it in your mouth, you'll feel the tenderness of the meat. Though I think this is just another way of eating "siopao" since this dish also comes with a separate "Cuapao". Nonetheless, I really enjoyed this dish.

I can't really recommend this restaurant for those people who has a limited budget, these 3 dishes sums up to Php1000.00 ($23-$25). With that kind of money, you can eat in other restaurants in Newport Mall and still have money for dessert.

Johnny Chow Restaurant, NewPort Mall

2/F Newport Mall, Resorts World Manila
Pasay City, Metro Manila
Philippines

posted from Bloggeroid

By Unknown with No comments

0 comments:

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives