Wednesday, March 17, 2010

METRO by Tokyo Tokyo


Last Friday, we decided to eat dinner at Metro by Tokyo Tokyo in Glorietta 5. First timers might think that this is your typical Tokyo Tokyo fast food chain. But you might be surprised as prices may be a little higher and there are no "SUMO MEALS" here but I can assure you that you'll not spend much to get your tummies full.



For starters, we ordered the Seared Tuna salad. I loved the fact that the tuna served was in big chunks and the sesame seeds were a compliment to the tenderness of the meat. The salad itself was a delight, the sauce was just right and I think it went well with the flavors of the lettuce and carrots.



Of course, my appetizer will not be complete without ordering my favorite Salmon Sashimi. It tasted great as always. My only problem with it is that it wasn't cut as clean as it should be. One piece would be smaller than the other unlike in other restaurants I've eaten which had a uniform size to their Salmon Sashimi.



Off the main course. Well I wasn't feeling eating any rice dish so I ended up ordering pasta. One problem though, I forgot the name of the dish. Anyway, as you can see it was cream based pasta. Not a fan of it though cause there were no contrast in taste. I got a little bit boring after you've eaten a few bites. Probably because it was partnered with tuna I think.



My friend ordered this pasta which was tomato-based. It was a hit for me since the contrast of flavors I was looking for in my pasta, was there. With the generous cuts of tender beef on top, you can't be wrong in ordering this.

Wondering why no drinks were posted? Well we thought it would be cheaper and HEALTHIER to go water.

 Your probably wondering how much the bill was after that sumptuous meal. Well our bill turned out to be cheap. Php 680.00 for everything. I think this is a true value of money!



If you want to experience a different kind of Japanese Resto,

Metro is located at Glorietta 5, SM North EDSA Annex, SM Fairview Annex, and DAO1 (Salcedo St). You can also visit their multiply site at METRO

By Unknown with No comments

0 comments:

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives